Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Howl Cowl!

C O L D weather has imprisoned many of us in the South (and everywhere else for that matter!), cold like we've not seen in our 10 years here in Wilmington, NC.  Better than New England, but since acclimating to normal southern weather, this is indeed B R R R R R !  Still glad we're no longer in RI to have to deal with the white stuff!

So what better to do than knit up some nice warm wooly cowls to beat the chill wind and cold.  I've been looking at free patterns in various places, and modifying them to make them my own.  It's fun and a great stash-buster!  Stash-busting is something I desperately need.  But then I just ordered some new yarn from a Raveler the morning.  I'm trying NOT to buy any yarn until I go to AZ in February.  Of course, DBNY and Berroco send me enticing emails every single day, and Elann, Noble Knits, and Webs frequently too, so we'll see how long I resist their temptations.

So I'm making cowls - different lengths, different stitches, colors, textures, and process.  Some I like better than others; one of the patterns is driving me crazy.  Here are some photos of recent creations and links to free cowl patterns:

  • knit 1 LA - be sure to scroll down and look to the right for a list of Free Patterns as well as those for purchase.
  • Pinterest!  My go-to website for everything! 
Now I think I'm ready to try longer versions!  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice scarves..!!
love them all

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic