Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Now for the Old!

Here are some older pieces that still grace my cache of designs.  The new ones, seen in my last post, are the offspring of some of those designs.


If you know me personally, you know that I frequently wear the two above.  They are knitted neckbands with a vintage silver or a copper and bead earring hanging from it.  I am ALWAYS asked about them and often asked why I don't sell them.  I won't part with these two, but the real answer is that I was originally discouraged from doing so, due to the earring's impermanence.  The earrings are NOT affixed to the band, but rather they can be removed and replaced with  another bauble of your choosing, or the earring can be transferred to a band of a different color.  I think that makes them pretty unique.  As a person who believes wholeheartedly in repurposing materials, this is part of my artistic vision.  I will ask again or hold them back for shows.

The bands can be knitted or crocheted, and will come with a specific color-coordinating vintage or funky earring.  At shows I will offer alternatives to the earrings; at my gallery, they would be sold as is.

Here are six older original design necklaces with clay, glass, or vintage earring pendants that are still available:








No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic