Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Thank You, Pinterest!


It's happened again! I've said it for about a year - that Pinterest is going to be the next FB in terms of popularity. But it's also the BEST source of inspiration and learning that I've seen in MANY years!  It's become my "go-to" over Google when it comes to seeking to be inspired, but also to actually LEARN to do something new!

Here are some of my NEW 3-dimensional flowers.

  

I scour Pinterest in search of some term(s), as with my most recent forage for tutorials and videos for "wet-felting in three dimension.  I've wanted to make some felted flowers (really any kind of flowers in fiber) that are 3D and that have that spiky, jagged edges in many layers.  I had no clue how to do it.  Having recently retaken a valuable class in wet-felting using a resist, I began to realize that resists just have to be utilized in creating such a 3-dimensional object.  Lo and behold, I found several tutorials online that address this.

Within my Pinterest Board called "It Felt SO Good!" you'll find these helpful photos and tutes.  Click on each of the links below and then click on the photo in Pinterest to find the tutorials:

There are other tutorials there as well.  My next learning project will be a felted vessel, thanks to these:






No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic