Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, October 28, 2012

It's a RECORD!

Night Magic
Alchemy Scarf
The Schrawl 
RECENTLY SOLD! 

Nothing like a record sales month to spur on the creativity!  I'm overwhelmed with gratitude to the following:

  • All my fellow artists at Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts who obviously worked very hard to sell my work AND keep my displays in order.
  • Customers who found me there but also online to view and purchase more!
  • People I met at my high school reunion who oohed and aahed and ordered from me!
  • Neighbors who found something they liked on my FB profile or FB page and came over to view and buy!
And so it goes.  BUT....I am also overwhelmed with the need to produce, since I spent most of the summer and early Fall in some level of "stuckness!"  So produce I'm doing and plan to continue doing through Christmas.  

Normally, I'd just have to plan for holiday sales at my local venues and maybe do a home show (last year's was spur of the moment!).  But coming up soon are two events for which I need additional designs and inventory.
  • November 8 at Porters Neck Country Club, I am presenting, showing, and selling my work at Ladies Night Out.  I'm asking those in attendance who have previously purchased a piece of my work to wear it - and they WILL BE REWARDED!
  • Then on December 1, it's the Scarf It Up! Holiday Home Show and Sale in conjunction with two other invited artisans: Arlene Weinrich, metalsmith and jewelry designer; and Diane Torgersen, multi-faceted artist who will bring her hand-knitted/crocheted hats and maybe her hand-painted pillows!
Angel Scarf
Birch Bark Winter's Fringe
Bernadetta Scarf

NEW WORK!  (and so much more!  This is just a taste!)
  
So I'm busy!  A rainy weekend like this has been very productive, but then so has every day in the last two weeks.  The only thing lacking right now is a bright day for photographing new work. The photos I've been taking of other new work have been pretty bad, so I'll be trying again as soon as the weather cooperates.

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic