Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

From THIS to THAT..............!

I'm on a felting forage!  Recently, during American Crafts Week, I was asked to demo at Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts.  I decided, rather than the usual knitting or crochet I do there while working, that I would try bringing the materials to set up for felting.  Not the whole process, because that requires water and the laundry room, but the basics to prepare for some felt pieces to make into buttons or brooches.



Everyone knows knitting and crochet - and few people seem genuinely interested in that as I pass the hours while working.  But felting....now that is a different story!  People stopped, looked, asked questions, and were genuinely curious about what I was doing.  I wrote about the first demo here - with photos of the pieces and the final results.

Here are the results from the second day of felting at our gallery!  And now I've found the ideal pin back WITH alligator clip so that these brooches can be worn on a lapel, a neckline or pants hemline, on a purse, scarf, or in the hair!  And as I've made more, of course, the process becomes easier and faster.  I'm quite pleased with the results.


  






The  larger piece in the first photo has been made into various sizes of felted buttons.  They don't seem to photograph well (or I simply can't take a decent photo!)



3 comments:

Sheeprustler said...

Alligator clips are an excellent idea. I love the idea of being able to wear them in such diverse ways!

Scarf It Up said...

Thank you, Judy! Yes, I've just ordered some cover buttons to be able to make into slips as well. Me too - my whole repertoire is based on versatility and variability of wearing possibilities!

Gem at Cashmere Scarf said...

The felted buttons almost look like chocolates! I may just be hungry but I love it!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic