Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, September 26, 2010

SPOOL is HERE!

Spool - a new quarterly magazine devoted to the needle arts - is out!  It's a national publication that offers articles, patterns, projects, humor, and much more in a large-size format.  AND I AM PUBLISHED IN THE FIRST EDITION!!!  

This is the project of De Selby, her husband and a limited staff who have done a bang-up job of designing and producing this beautiful publication.  I am enormously grateful to De for finding me and inviting me to contribute to the first edition!




I've never been published in print before - other than a solitary poem back in high school.  Online, yes....but never in print.  When I was approached by De Selby, publisher, to contribute to this premier issue, I was thrilled!  It's such an honor and privilege to add to the annals of needlework history.  Wow!  Perhaps that sounds a little dramatic - but it is preserved in print.

And now we must be sure that this new quarterly publication survives.  It's available at select knit and needlework stores and a subscription can be purchased online for $18 annually.  See details about Spool here!

Here is the look of my page/project on page 36 with an article about hosting a Holiday Trunk Show.


My friend, Pam Kellogg of Kitty and Me Designs, is also featured in this premier edition of Spool on page 14.  She is a creator of Crazy Quilts, and her Etsy shop combines the exquisite work of her sister, her mom, and herself.  Her Spool project/page:



Needle arts included in Spool are counted cross stitch, knit, crochet, needlepoint, crewel, embroidery, punch needle, cross stitch, etc.  I look forward to contributing in future issues as well.

1 comment:

Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh Louise, I'm so thrilled for you (and me too)! I can't wait to see it in person. And thank you so much for the lovely mention of my Etsy shop!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic