Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Saturday, September 18, 2010

American Craft Week in Wilmington!


AND across the country!  Many states and cities throughout the nation will participate in American Craft Week from October 1 - 10.  Wilmington will showcase its many arts venues and creators throughout the time period.  I am pleased and excited to be an active in TWO events this year and invite all of you - if you're in town - to attend these and other planned activities.  

A schedule of local activities and events is listed on 360Wilmington.com.  Please take advantage of this opportunity to view and buy locally-produced art and craft from many Wilmington-area artists.   




"High Fiber Content" - aMuse: artisanal finery will host local textile group, Fiber Arts Collective, featuring handmade fiber arts - contemporary to traditional. The show, entitled "High Fiber Content" will hang at aMuse, Sept. 28 - Oct. 16. The official opening is Thursday, Oct. 7 at 6:30pm. The event is free and open to the public. You are all invited!

Participating Artists: Joyce Bragg, Louise Giordano, September Krueger, Maitri Libellule, Nancy Miller, Leslie Pearson, Barbara Snyder, Ginny Thompson, Diane Torgersen, Jan Wutkowski, and Rebecca Yeomans.


aMuse: artisanal finery, 19 S. Second St. 910.397.9099



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



To celebrate American Craft Week, we will be hold demonstrations in the Gallery each day as follows:
  • Fri, Oct 1 - Melanie Walter - Pine Needle Baskets
  • Sat, Oct 2 - Dory Maier & Diane Masi - Gourds & Pine Needles
  • Sun, Oct 3 - Mary Holden-Hall - Clay
  • Mon, Oct 4 - Louise Giordano - Fiber/ Knit / Crochet / Felt
  • Tues, Oct 5 - Sara Westermark - Metalsmithing
  • Wed, Oct 6 - Pat Hart - Clay
  • Thurs, Oct 7 - Melanie Walter - Pine Needle Baskets
  • Friday , Oct 8 - Dick Heiser - Clay
  • Sat. Oct 9 - Dory Maier & Diane Masi - Gourds & Pine Needles
  • Sun. Oct 10 - Iris Simmons - Fiber/ Quilting
Additionally, we will host a Gallery Open House on Sunday, Oct. 10th -  12:00 to 4:00pm.  Refreshments, door prizes every half hour, meet the artists. This event will be in collaboration with Crescent Moon and The Golden Gallery in The Cotton Exchange.
Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts in The Cotton Exchange 
307 North Front Street    910-763-7111 

www.portcitypottery.com or www.facebook.com/portcitypottery

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I am so, so happy that I found your blog. I don't know if you remember but I told you some time ago, that because of MS I had given up knitting. But your work inspired me to start again. What a revelation...all the wonderful yarns now available! So far I have knitted 3 handbags (all of which have been grabbed by relatives. I've also knitted a black and white muff, (the yarn looks just like fur) and I will use it when I wear my black velvet cloak this winter. (I'm an old goth/hippy) I'm now doing a shawl (as a new great grandmother I obviously need one. lol) And I have some goefeous amethyist and silver yarn to make an evening jacket. I hope I'll be able to hang on to these latest projects. (I'll have to start selling them soon lol) But thank you so much. I've gained so much pleasure from rediscovering knitting, and it's all down to you!

Scarf It Up said...

Thank you, Lesley! I am so happy to hear your results. Of course you must keep on knitting. If the things you've made so far have been snatched up immediately by relatives, then they are indeed sale-able! Do it!

Do you have a flickr or picasa account where you can post photos online? I'd love to see YOUR work.

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic