Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Purse & Passion Complete!

Not to leave anything to the last minute - I know, that makes me crazy, but it's always been my modus operandi! - I completed my contribution to this event yesterday!  The results are..........colorful, funky, whimsical!  


I'm not sure it's my favorite, but I certainly hope others like it and will bid on it in the silent auction to benefit the Lower Cape Fear YWCA during its Purse & Passion Wine & Tea event on November 12. Fourteen or so other artists also are creating P & P bags from gently-used thrift store finds.  See my earlier post for a list of the other participating artists.  I can't wait to see THEIR creations!




Here are the results!  It's a freeform knit and crochet piece using a myriad of fibers in a rainbow of colors and textures and then sewn onto the bag front and back.  It's finished with two crocheted squiggly curlicues affixed to the straps.  I'm not sure if it's Cacophony or Classy!  Funky....for sure!







You might remember the bag before it was embellished!



No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic