Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Peaches and Cream!


Now that I've completed the projects for a special customer in TX, I decided to use the fibers I had pulled to make some additional items in those lovely colors. The first result is the Bernadetta Freeform Bag, an extremely labor-intensive design in freeform knit and crochet with a handcrafted ceramic button from Laurel Herbert of Wilmington and Muddy Muse.

I found Laurel's buttons at the Sunset River Marketplace in Calabash, NC, and I know I've bought them before - at the Wilmington Clay Guild Show in December. They are just fabulous!

OK, so the bag.....it's about 9" wide x 8" high with a long adjustable strap. It's lined with a coordinating floral fabric. It's all done in shades of peach, cream, apricot, rust, pink, salmon with very elaborate stitches, protrusions, curlicues, and much more!

NOW AVAILABLE ON ETSY!

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic