Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, June 06, 2018

LOST time!

More pressing responsibilities have kept me from keeping up with this blog, but others have encouraged me to return to it.  It is shameful to see that I haven't posted since the end of 2016.  Much has happened in the interim, but the details are mundane, so I won't bore you.

However, in early 2018, a flood to our condo necessitated a total move-out and 4+ months to rehab it.  During that time, we lived in another unit in our building where I had a somewhat smaller studio space, no office space at all, and only some of my supplies.  I suffered the loss of many supplies (roving, yarn, storage units, and some furniture).  The major damage was structural to our unit and many others in our complex.  The enormity of the damages and the scarcity of skilled labor left us displaced for what seemed like an eternity.  We are back at home now - with a mostly brand new condo!  And now I can get back to creating!

I am scheduled to do a show later this month with two others from The Wilmington Fiber Arts Collective (Jan WutkowskiRebecca Yeomans, Louise Giordano) at the Brooklyn Arts Center, The Quilt and Fiber Arts Show.  It's Friday - Sunday, June 22-24.  Please mark your calendars if you have any interest in quilting, sewing, and other fiber arts, including wearables.  Jan, Becky and I specialize in wearable art in many forms.  Please feel free to visit our websites or FB pages to see more of our work.

My work is also viewable on flickr, Instagram, FB, and for sale at Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts in The Cotton Exchange in beautiful downtown Wilmington NC.

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic