Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Thursday, November 15, 2012

FINALLY!!!

Well, it's been a long struggle to devise something new that I WANTED to make!  Months of inactivity ("stuck!") that I think was caused by this inability to design something new to Scarf It Up! and so I created almost nothing at all.

Then I realized that my work was selling well, especially at Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts, and that perhaps I didn't need to wrack my brain for anything new.  Keep making the "old" designs!  Of course, everything is OOAK in that the yarns, fibers, mixes, textures, and colors differ each time I make something.  So it seems I haven't NEEDED to develop new material.

When I also realized that I had several events for which I needed quite an array of work, I motivated myself to just keep doing what I've been doing for the last 10 years or so.  And so production has been going along well for the last month!  I made the decision to NOT try new things until the NEW YEAR!

Well, then a photo and brainstorm triggered the creative juices.....and FINALLY.....I have something new to show:  Feisty Felt Bangles!

Each one is knitted with 100% wool or close to it, hand-felted (or some have been felted in my Wonder Washer!), shaped and dried, and then needle felted with other contrasting yarn in what seems to have become my signature design: freeform needle felt wrapping.  I've used this technique on felted bags and have become enamored of freeform ANYTHING!

My wonderful Stitch Group buddies donated a bunch of leftover wool (and other things too!) for use in these.  I feel blessed - really!

What do you think about Feisty Felt Napkin Rings?  Haven't tried them yet, because I hate making multiples of the same thing!  But, it's on my list of experiments - which may now have to wait until after my next show - a home show with two other artists - at my home on December 1.  But.....it would be great to have a few of them ready for trial by then.  Hmmmm......we'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic