Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Another Wholesale Inquiry!

I'm psyched!  A woman who is opening a boutique in Anchorage, Alaska (right across from Nordstrom's!) came to Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts earlier this week, saw my work (and that of BJ Berlo), and contacted me about wholesaling to her.  Other than the shawl pins shown in my last post, I've not had such interest!

I have a difficult time with wholesale, because the profit margin on my work (materials AND labor) is so small.  But I've proposed pricing that seems to work for us both, and she intends to place an order as soon as she returns from Wilmington to Anchorage.  That works for me!  I really like the idea of my creations going far and wide.  Alaska is not the place I had expected, but I'll be content with the Nordstrom demographic and tourists!

She was particularly taken with my Loopies and Cascade scarves made with the luscious rayon ribbons from Judi & Co.  Me too!

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic