Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Remember this?

How could I forget?  Almost a year ago, I underwent surgery for trigger thumb - the resulting malady from the previous year's carpal tunnel surgery.  They call me a "Frequent Flyer" at the surgicenter where I go.  And I'll be there again in June for the second cataract surgery!  Then.....I should be done....barring the development of another trigger finger!

Trigger Thumb surgery June 2010


Carpal Tunnel - May 2011

Carpal Tunnel Surgery - 2011

You can tell by the lovely packaging that the same doctor wrapped me up.  I love this doctor!  He also gave me a shot in the left elbow while I was "out" so that the tendonitis there would not worsen as I struggle to use my left hand in the weeks ahead.  But as you can see, I am already typing, have taken a shower (wrapped in Saran Wrap and double newspaper baggies).  The hair is another story!

I'm taking a reprieve from knitting and crocheting for at least a week; tennis for 4 - 6 weeks, so I will manage to keep myself busy with other things - like organizing my studio (yet again!), clearing out my closet (yet again!), reading, and planning for a variety of things.  Not so bad!  REALLY!!!

I remind myself EVERY day, many times each day, that this is nothing more than NUISANCE FACTOR, and that in light of several friends struggling with life-threatening or life-changing illnesses and conditions, I am grateful to deal with this.  

I'll keep you posted!





2 comments:

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Glad to hear that it has gone well and that you will be back on form soon. You say back to work in a week is that all! I can only try and visualise you trying to wash your hair one handed and get a fit of the giggles.... sorry! Have a great weekend.

Scarf It Up said...

Thank you, Chrissie! The "cast" just came off, so now I'm down to a large bandage. I did manage to do my hair this morning, so I could meet a new career counseling client. It wasn't all that bad. But go ahead, enjoy your giggles at my expense!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic