Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Friday, January 28, 2011

OK, Let's See! NEWS and VIEWS!

I've been neglecting my own blog in favor of  developing and maintaining a new one for Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts!  I've been wanting to create such a blog for the gallery for a long time, and finally it's here!  Please go visit, follow, and/or comment.  I'm having fun with it and hope to be able to bring you lots of news of our gallery in The Cotton Exchange in  beautiful downtown Wilmington NC.

This is the SOLD item from the display.  I changed the fringe to a more eclectic look, using ALL the various yarns within instead of the single one shown here.  It was significantly better than above!

Tonight is the opening of Heart Month at Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts.  Sara Westermark and I set up our displays yesterday, and while we were doing so, a woman came in and bought something from each of us.  That's a GREAT way to start the month as featured artists.  For me, it's particularly special because we are donating a portion of the month's proceeds to the American Heart Association.  With all the heart disease in my immediate family and a DH with ongoing heart issues, I can't think of a better way to celebrate Heart Month AND Valentine's Day!  Your support in this will also be appreciated.  Several other artist of PCPFC will also contribute:  Pat Holleman, Sybil West, Dianne Masi, Debbie Williams, and Mary Beth Cook.  See our latest newsletter online here.

I forgot to bring my camera yesterday while setting up, so photos will follow tonight.

Also on Valentine's Day, a new venue in Carolina Beach is opening.  I have signed on as one of their artists and hope that it will prove successful for the owners and artists alike.  Artful Living Group will feature handcrafted items from around the country in a converted house with studio space, a resident designer, workshops, and classes, in addition to a very attractive selling space.  It's located right off the main drag and just off the Boardwalk at 112 Cape Fear Boulevard in the heart of Carolina Beach.  They have coined themselves "curiously arty!"  I like it!  Hope you will too!

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic