Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Monday, April 05, 2010

Creative Block!

This has not happened to me in quite a while! But when it does happen, I always worry that it might last forever - and that would be the end of my knitting, crocheting, and felting.  My sales have slowed a bit too, but that's somewhat predictable, since I always sell more in the colder weather.  So that forces me to consider new styles more suitable to warmer climates.

Summer Heat Loopy

Last year it was Loopies!  They were all the rage for a time, but now....not so much.  Then I developed the Flowery Neck Gardens - an initial flurry of interest, but that too has waned.  I'm trying to make some lightweight shawls for Spring and Summer wear, but they have not sold well.  Most recently, I've been working on a remake of a shawl I have myself, only this new one will surely be ripped out  by tomorrow.  It's just not working out right.

MA Beall's Neck Garden

So....I'm stumped!  I'm stuck!  I'm discouraged!  Some sincere people on facebook offered suggestions to renew both my interest and my creative juices.  I so appreciate their attempts to resolve my issues, but alas.....so far.....NOTHING!

Confection Perfection Shawl

I've joined Jane Thornley's Inspired Knitters group and have received beautifully written patterns accompanied by amazing narrative that should inspire even the stuckest of fiber artists.  I'm stuck because I have a stash that won't quit, and amongst the hundreds of skeins/partial skeins I have in my studio, I don't have the silk and other ribbons that take one of her pieces from the mundane to the sublime.  Bummer!  That never stopped me before, but...........!  ARGHHHHHHHHH!

Any and all ideas, tips, strategies, suggestions, recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

lizet frijters said...

I can understand what you are going through. It happens to me occasionally. Often, it is enough to do something completely different for a while, gardening works for me.
Learning to let go and not being attached can be helpful. Usually the creativity starts flowing even more than before. We all need a break from time to time, don't we?
I know you will be inspired soon by something or someone, I can see that in the amazing creativity of your work.
Love. Lizet.

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic