Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Family Visit


LUNCH AT LE CATALAN ON THE RIVERFRONT IN WILMINGTON NC

RITA SMILING AS USUAL

Well, some of it anyway!  I've never been blessed (or otherwise!) with family living nearby.  That's not entirely true....for the first 6 years of our marriage, we did live near some of my husband's family.  But then we moved away and have never lived near any of his or my families of origin or near our own children once they went off on their own.  Sad!



But we do get together every so often.  Not all of us at once for lots of reasons.  Our families are in MA, NH, FL, another part of NC, France, Italy, and some are no longer with us.  We had an occasion this week to host my DH's two sisters, one from France, and one from Western MA along with her husband.  The one from France was my roommate from college, so......need I say more?  We laughed ourselves into oblivion every day she was here, and I must say it's the best medicine anyone can order.  The saying is true!


JEAN AND I AT LUNCH AT THE PHARMACY IN SOUTHPORT NC


BOB, RITA & TONY AT THE PHARMACY!





Everyone had left by yesterday afternoon, so needless to say, the house is very quiet today - too quiet.  But I just felt like sharing this info, along with some photos, to show what fun we were having.  Thanks, Rita and Jean (and Bob and Tony too!)









1 comment:

Pam Kersting said...

Louise-- What a lovely family you have! Everyone looks healthy and happy! So glad to see you dining at Le Catalan. They are my neighbors and I know they appreciate you eating at their restaurant! As we speak, Pierre Eric's wife is in France!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic