Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Saturday, June 20, 2009

SASSY and GLASSY!

Here is my newest Sassy Sac! And it's a sentimental one at that! When I first started my renewal of interest in knitting about 10 years ago when all those novelty and eyelash yarns first came on the scene, I ordered some of the furry eggplant/aubergine colored yarn online. The REST is history!

I still had a small amount of the yarn that started it all for me. It was the perfect color for the wool I was using to knit my latest Sassy Sac. I like to add some type of novelty yarn into the flap of these bags and then add an embellishment - this one is a vintage earring-turned-pin that was given to me by my friend Ginny. I think it's sassy and fun and just about perfect! It's handknit and crocheted. The vertical edges of the flap have been crocheted with just the wool, Berroco's Peruvia Colors.

Passionate Pink Sassy Sac

Passionate Pink Sassy Sac

Recently while attending the Orange Street Arts Festival in downtown Wilmington I met a glass artist named Allison. I have her card somewhere but can't find it right now. I bought four of her dichroic glass pendants, and added multi-fiber crocheted cords to create necklaces that I hope to be able to sell in another venue at the Cotton Exchange. I'm working on that right now. The first two are pictured here.

Golden Green Dichroic Glass & Fiber Necklace

Golden Green Dichroic Glass & Fiber Necklace


Night Sunset Dichroic Glass & Fiber Necklace

Night Sunset Dichroic Glass & Fiber Necklace

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic