Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Survivors! by Scarfitup!

My day yesterday started off with a 7:30 AM breakfast in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Jan Wutkowski of aMuse Artisanal Finery invited me to attend. She herself has just completed treatment, and she could be the poster child for this cause, with her sunny smile and unbelievable positive attitude. Jan is a milliner, so of course she suggested we all wear pink hats. Well, I don't wear hats, let alone pink ones! I made and wore this Hot Pink Bernadetta scarf that is now listed in my Etsy shop.



When I came home, inspired by so many local women touched by this disease, and by so many survivors and supporters of the cause, by chance I snagged a Treasury and dedicated it to all those women worldwide who live with or have succumbed to this disease, including my grandmother and my sister-in-law. My mother also died of cancer, but not of the breast. So here is Survivors!

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic