So what accounts for this?
- Not Hurricane Irene, when our gallery (Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts - new website launches on 9/27) was closed for more than a day during the storm - and on a Saturday to boot! Sunday was slow as everyone was doing the clean-up.
- Cooler weather? Perhaps this is making people think Fall and Winter! That's always good for my sales. And holidays? My work is well-suited to cooler weather, and even though we now live in the South, our tourist traffic is from all over the country and world!
- New styles? Perhaps. I've been experimenting with variations on older styles of mine and use of recycled materials, new materials (for me), and a commitment to work off (some of) my stash.
- Wholesale inquiries? Yes, but very limited and they don't always pan out.
- Rayon Ribbons? Thanks to Karen and Judi & Co., I've developed (or redeveloped) styles that highlight the ribbons from this company in the Cascade and Loopy original designs.
- Winter's Fringe Scarves - they seem to be the "rage!" I LOVE creating them too, so that's a plus. During my trip to New England, I'm looking forward to finding some very specific yarns to continue making these.
- Felted Bags? Maybe!
Whatever the reason for this uptick in sales - for me and for Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts as a whole (it's the only 3-D gallery of local art and fine crafts in the Wilmington NC area) - we are indeed very pleased!
Want to see more of Scarf It Up's creations - the whole inventory is on flickr. See specific sets if you wish to view all work in specific styles.
As FYI, I've been invited to participate in a home show - not at my house this year - but at the home of a friend of a friend. My artist friend makes simply stunning beaded jewelry. Keep the date in mind - November 10 - more info coming soon.