Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, June 16, 2013

A New England Yarn

My once yearly visit to my daughter in Massachusetts always yields fresh new yarn.  This visit is extended because this same daughter has just had cochlear implant surgery.  So this will give me (too) much time to visit (and perhaps RE-visit) the interesting LYSs in the area.  Such fun!  And then too my favorite online yarn shop experience is always from Discontinued Brand Name Yarns, located in Vermont.  And their offers are so great that I order from them more than once a month....but don't tell my DH!



My visits to LYSs are generally quite focused because I go right to the sale bins or rooms. Rarely do I look further unless there is something very specific I need/want. Several people have told me about the closing sale of Wild & Wooly, an old, reliable LYS in Lexington, and then there's WEBS in Northhampton, a legend from whom I sometimes order yarn.  Hope to get to one or both of them this trip.

Ironically, I've been pre-occupied with helping out my daughter, the animals, and the house.  Not much  interest in creating at the moment.  But the few things I have made are sprinkled throughout this post.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic