Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Monday, August 02, 2010

MORE drawings!

The second drawing lesson happened yesterday!  I'm becoming a believer - that you CAN be taught to draw!  The projects are getting more difficult, but I seem to be enjoying it more, and my daughter seems to be enjoying it even MORE so!  Our styles are quite different from each other's - I'm trying real hard NOT to let my perfectionism get in the way.

Yesterday's lesson involved body parts - that sounds gruesome, but in fact they are indeed a mystery!


The second part of the lesson was an upside-down drawing of Jacques Cousteau, whose face is well-known and distinctively recognized.  I'm not sure my rendition would be instantly recognizable, but I think I caught the essence.  It still needs some work (like his right eyebrow!), but I was pleased both with the process and the outcome.


I'm not sure I'll ever be able to draw from my head, free-hand, freestyle, but this does seem to be a worthwhile start and investment.  I highly recommend Alexis Seabrook as instructor/artist.

2 comments:

Butterfly Works said...

Isn't it so much to find out we have talents we didn't know about....

Your drawings are very good and I am glad you are having fun....

Scarf It Up said...

Thank you so much! This particular talent (if you can call it that!) has astounded me!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic