Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Thursday, January 22, 2009

UPDATE!

Short but sweet - Tony came through the procedure quite well and is recovering at Duke Medical Center. The delicate procedure with his complicated heart and other issues was accomplished by a team of electrophysiologists that identified the areas of his V-Taching ventricle and burned them out. He is still having some spikes of heart rate, but they believe that's due to irritability as a result of the ablation. We are indeed grateful and hope to be able to resume our lives after a period of recuperation.

TODAY was the first day I could knit after a week of Tony's hospitalization. I have several projects in progress, but have had no inclination to do any creative work. I spent two nights here at the hospital, but last night I went back to the hotel to a wonderful bed, shower, and uninterrupted sleep! Our daughters left yesterday, and I was so grateful that they were able to be here with us. And I thank our wonderful loyal friends and family in NC, RI, PA, NY, NH, and France who have unfailingly supported us through far too many medical scares.

Back to knitting! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Now you can knit with joy in your heart again, dear friend!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic