Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A NEW Twist on Buttons & Beads!

Bored with doing the same old things with yarn and fiber, I decided to try my hand at something a little different! Armed with a stash of buttons and beads in harmonizing colors, some wire, and with freeform in mind, I began to thread and wrap and twist them together to form some type of pendant to which a fiber cord could be attached. The first attempt was a little odd - too bulky and heavy as I used fiber to connect the pieces and then freeform crocheted in various places. I wore it yesterday and cut it apart last night. Here is the FIRST attempt (now defunct!) Definitely too blobby and without a design focal point!


Two more ensued - another in black and white/cream and then the green one:

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic