Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, February 17, 2008

M A S K


It's very difficult these days to snag an Etsy Treasury! When their number drops below 333, hundreds of people are waiting to snap one up. I always find I'm otherwise occupied and/or away from my computer when the Treasury opens up. But yesterday, I got lucky!

I recreated one that I had done many months ago - with the theme of MASK / Masquerade / mardi gras / carnivale (those are the search terms I used!). The resulting Treasury is pretty spectacular - thanks to the amazing work of these artists who create masks in all manner of medium: clay, metal, leather, fiber, paper, plastic! See it here to comment.

And if you scroll down my blog's sidebar to the right, you can see the earlier one - that I thought was rather exciting too. Creating Treasuries is one of the best features of Etsy, IMHO. But due to the HUGE number of them at most times, I find I can't ever find time to look at that many and appreciate the fine work of so many artists - both the creators of the work and the creators of the Treasuries! Personally, I preferred having a much lower limit on the Treasury feature.

1 comment:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

You are on my blog today - You make my day award

http://sandfibers.blogspot.com/2008/02/you-made-my-day-part-one.html

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic