Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Monday, October 15, 2007

Tis the Season!

OR AT LEAST IT SEEMS TO BE ON PEOPLE'S MINDS!!

Just when we're told that September and October are real slow retail months and not to expect much in the way of selling, I am still reeling from the September numbers, and now, half-way through October, I am close to the September sales! It must be the onset of cooler weather - even in the South. Locals and tourists have shown tremendous interest in my knitted scarves, bags, neckmuffs, and fiber-wrapped jewelry. It is so gratifying to be at the Gallery and TALK to these folks - from all over the country and world - who "love" my work!

So....it has inspired my knitting, and my hands can certainly tell! Still.....I do very little knitting during the day (too much else to do: tennis, career counseling clients, social activities, etc.!) and spend the typical TV hours knitting away.

As always, my boredom starts my creative juices flowing. Scarves? Well, of course, they always do well, but I can't just do the basic scarf. It HAS to be different. So take a look at Hallowonderful - a plain scarf enhanced with what looks almost like spaghetti fringe!

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic