Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Opening!

Port City Pottery and Fine Crafts opened today without flourish but with PANACHE! It is a gorgeous space in an historic building in downtown Wilmington, home of many fine boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and more! But the one thing that Wilmington has never had is a space devoted to local potters. NOW it does, and I feel honored to be part of this endeavor.

But the shop is not just home to potters and ceramists. In additon, there are several fiber artists (myself included) with wall hangings and art quilts, and other artists who make painted floor cloths, pine needle baskets, woodworks, and mixed media. The space is a glorious sight to behold. It is a tribute to seven fine visionary potters who labored intensively and managed to pull together business plan AND implementation in less than 3 months! What a treat for my husband and I to be affiliated with this fine group.

My husband and I both sold items while visiting today for a short while. That is a unique thrill. He is known for his pinch pots with unique glazes; my specialty is scarves, bags, felted vessels, and home decor.

1 comment:

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hi Louise! I'm so glad to hear that the gallery is up and running. How wonderful!

Oh and I love the bag on the right hand side of your blog. I want one!!! I must sell a few more things from my Etsy shop and then I can order another purse from you. Your work is so beautiful!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic