Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Monday, November 30, 2009

The Gallery Gift Guide

As part of my role as newsletter editor for Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts, I try to develop ideas for marketing our products and our shop to a wide audience.  Our 17 (the current number) local artists in clay, wood, fiber, jewelry, basketry/gourds, and mixed media are enjoying excellent sales in this post-Black Friday time period.  But we'd like to give our fans a taste of talents.

To that end, I am making myself CRAZY!!!!!  We decided to put together a Holiday Gift Guide with photos that represent that various talents of our artists.  I'm using Mosaic Maker from BigHugeLabs to create a mosaic of our work by genre.  Easier said than done.  I NEED PHOTOS of the work of all our artists.

Some of our artists have an online presence; some do not.  The ones that do allow me to "pull" their photos from those websites; others have sent their photos via email.  I've taken more while working at the Gallery. Problem is......some work, some don't; some are too big; some are too tall or too wide.  The Mosaic Maker has its limitations, and so do I.    And I can't create the mosaics until I have all the photos by genre from the various artists, because Mosaic Maker will not save it for future editing - you have to start all over from scratch.  It's a BEAUTIFUL program (with limitations!)

Here's one I made from Sara Westermark's jewelry:

Jewelry by Sara Westermark


and here's the first one I did with our three basketmakers / gourd artists Dianne Masi, Melanie Walter, and Dory Maier.


Gourds & Baskets at Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts


More to come as the photos roll in - or as I take more tomorrow and Thursday.

1 comment:

sandyxxx said...

I love the summary you put for your work. They describe your work very well. When I first see your creation, it strikes me immediately is the colors. It is so strong and beautiful. You have very good sense of colors and details and skills of sewing. Good work!
---------------------
silver jewelry manufacturers

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic