Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Repurposing Continues……!

After deciding to cut up previously felted bags for reuse, I got into the swing of considering anything and everything for recycling.  This can be dangerous!  And sometimes I have to restrain myself from cutting, sewing, embellishing, borrowing, repurposing, upcyling too many things around my house and especially in my studio.  Yesterday I pulled a couple of things from Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts, things that haven't sold in too long, and perhaps could be used in other ways.  I'm thinking making brooches from a scarf, maybe button earrings, or more adornment for bags of all sorts.

So….in the last week, I've made several knitted and felted clutches, a Sassy Sac, and several Crazy Ring Neck Wraps, and several Felt-Tipped Scarves using such materials.  A brooch or another bag are in my head.  Here are some of the new results:

Crazy Ring Neck Wrap
(using recycled napkin rings)


Felt-Tipped Scarves


And many more viewable right now on flickr!






No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic