Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Year 2013 - Part 2

The seven dolls are at Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts!  I ended up cutting the board, painting it black, replacing the black burlap, and arranging the dolls with the board horizontally.  I had a small space in which to place the display, and rearranged my entire space to accommodate it without overstepping my footprint.  It works!

See more of these by clicking here. Then click on each photo to enlarge.
Pricing is always a problem for me.  At this time, they are priced at $29, except for the one on the lower right that is made with a hand-hammered shawl pin, exclusively made by me for this purpose, and which normally sell alone for $24.  This particular art doll pin is priced at $35.  I always review pricing after new items are available for about a month.

My next project for this year so far is to learn Tunisian Crochet (aka Afghan Crochet).  I purchased an online course from Craftsy by Jennifer Hansen of Stitch Diva.  It was on sale (and now reduced again!)   BYW, Craftsy has a large array of classes and tutorials for the craft-minded.  Pricing is affordable.  The Tunisian Crochet one (only watched one lesson to date) seems to be fabulous.  Jennifer is bright, articulate, personable, and knowledgeable.  She presents in a way that is informative and extremely followable.  

My first foray into this subject matter occurred, however, at my friend's house, where we tried to access my class, but for some reason, my iPad could not find their wifi connection.  But Diane had an old book on the subject, and so together we began experimenting with the basics - called the Basic Stitch.  The Art Doll on the upper left is constructed from those samples of my first Tunisian Crochet efforts.  


My second experiment began like the above and then became this.  I'm thinking of making it into a doll in or using it as embellishment on something else.  Any ideas for me?

  

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic