Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fall Planning!

Just this morning the weather in southeastern NC has turned downright chilly, although it promises to rise to the low 80s today.  It is a perfect reminder that Fall is just about here, which means that the holidays and Winter will soon be here.  Not sure I'm ready for all that!
  
But even before the holidays, I have some exciting events in the offing!  So.....please SAVE THE DATES!
  • Ladies Night Out at Porters Neck Country Club: Thursday, November 8 from 6PM.  I will share the spotlight with fellow artist (beaded jewelry), Liz Vavra.  Dinner, shopping, and small presentation, and surprises!
  • My Annual Home Show and Sale! Saturday, December 1, 10AM - 4PM.  Lots of surprises and discount of UP TO 40% on some of my items.  Participating artists this year: Arlene Weinrich, jeweler/metalsmith, and Diane Torgersen, painter and fiber artist.  Please note that this event is ONE-DAY ONLY this year!

  
With a bag in the washing machine (trying to felt!) and other ideas in mind, I'm finally moving along at a fairly good clip in terms of motivation.  I'd better keep going, though.  I have lots of items to share, some with hefty reductions, but I always like to have some new designs to show off.  Hmmmm!

Please feel free to visit the following to see examples of my work:
But now I have to tell you how NOT fun felting has become.  If you want to read the full saga of the new washing machine AND the WONDER WASHER, see these posts:  Part OnePart TwoPart Three.  And the bag that I had in the washing machine this morning, took all morning to felt - several run-throughs in the machine and a final 10 minutes or so in Wonder Washer!  And it's UGLY!!!  Photos here.

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic