Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sharing a Facebook Tip!

Thanks to Kimberly Houston, I'm learning weekly tips to help promote my business.  She offers great tips and strategies through her blog and weekly emails.  I've learned about HARO, which has been very interesting for me, but not in terms of my wearable fiber arts business (that's another story!), and just this morning a Facebook tip that I never knew about.  I'm going to share it with you, but I credit Kim and urge you to follow her blog and sign up for her newsletters if you wish to promote YOUR business!

Here's what to do!

  1. Go to your FB personal profile page and click on your personal photo.  
  2. Click on "Add a description."  
  3. In that space, add your business info.  For example, I added URLs for my blog and flickr.  Mine looks like this: 
"
Please check out my Facebook page for Scarf It Up! Wearable Fiber Art:



     4.  Click "Done editing" and you're done!

I hadn't known about this, and I rarely click on profile photos.  
But apparently many people do, and since I did this earlier today, 
several people have "liked" my photo!  Not sure how they even 
knew I had changed/added info there, but five people have 
"liked it already!

So I am happy to share this with you and urge you to check out 
Kimberly Houston's blog / newsletters if interested in new ways 
to improve your visibility on FB.  I think you'll be glad you did.  
Thanks, Kim!

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic