Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Monday, March 07, 2011

It Has a NAME!

NIGHT AT THE IMPROV!

In response to my request to help name the UFO (Unidentified Funky Object) I wrote about in my last post, I had several suggestions!  The best, I thought, came from Shirley Cook, a FB friend and felter and glass maker EXTRAORDINAIRE!  See Jumping Jack Glass.  She suggested:  "Night at the Improv!"  So.....this line of UFOs will be known as "Improv!" and this particular one IS "Night at the Improv!"

This is a perfect name for this piece of wearable art because it is the most versatile piece I have ever created.  Due to its many holes that fit arms or head (someone even suggested LEGS but we won't go there yet!), there are innumerable and unlimited possibilities, and there seems to be no way to wear it the same way twice.  THAT could be a big turn-off for some people who want a garment they can put on and leave alone.  This is not for those folks!

However......if you like to play with your clothes and vary the look each time you wear  it, then this is exactly the creative, interesting piece you need.  And thanks to Linda Anne Hartman too!  She suggested weaving a silk scarf through some of the holes.  So I spent more time playing with that idea and eventually ended up wearing it to the aMuse Artisanal Finery Paris Haute Hat Show with a grey/black animal print scarf woven through it.  The show was stunning!  My Improv got some great reviews too!

Please see my previous post for additional views of Improv.  And that was on a mannequin.  Once I put it on, it became something organic, alive, and ever-changing!  Due to the cost of materials and labor, this will be a custom-only design.  Please contact me at scarfitup@ec.rr.com for more information.

1 comment:

Sheeprustler said...

Perfect name for a perfect octopus wrap!!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic