Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, January 30, 2011

One Door Closes, Another Opens! Life's Funny That Way!

Life IS funny!  Not necessarily "ha ha" funny!  But sometimes weird funny. And life often happens in mysterious ways!  Without any anticipation or notice, I lost one of my sales venues this week.  THAT was NOT funny!  But even prior to that, earlier in the week, I had made contact, visited, and signed on to a new gallery, not yet opened, but with the potential to fully make up for the loss of this one and perhaps surpass its rewards.

Just on Friday I had alluded to the new venue in this post on my blog.  It was just hours later, after a lovely evening opening reception at Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts, that I learned via email that my work was no longer of interest at this other shop.  Not happy!  But not devastated either.  And so that door was closed (as long as I am able to retrieve my work!) and a new one has opened.  I will, of course, remain at Port City Pottery & Fine Crafts in The Cotton Exchange, at aMuse Artisanal Finery, and Cameron Art Museum.

I am a believer in making things happen, but I am by no means a mind reader.  I had a feeling it was time to open a new door, and so I made that happen.  I try to follow three tenets in my life and in my work with others as a career counselor.

  1. Look at problems as opportunities!
  2. Be resourceful!
  3. Keep moving forward!
I may devote my next blog post to how I view each of those, but for now I share them with you in hopes that you too can find solace and comfort, encouragement and hope in today's musings.

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic