Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Monday, October 11, 2010

A Summary of American Craft Week in Wilmington NC

It's been TEN glorious days of celebration - around the country and around Wilmington NC.  American Craft Week included celebrations of all sorts of art and artisan craft.  I was thrilled to be a part of this celebration here in Wilmington, and actually one of my venues will continue to hang the show "High Fiber Content!" through October 16.

Poster by Lee Monroe

My involvement included "High Fiber Content," a collection of fiber art produced by the local Fiber Arts Collective.  Ten members displayed their wearable and functional fiber art in the inimitable new home of aMuse Artisanal Finery.  Owner / milliner, Jan Wutkowski, rearranged her whole shop and opened her doors to us.  I, along with Jan and Barbara Snyder and friends, helped hang the show, thoroughly enjoying the process.  Lots of photos here. And here are some of my own.

Hand-knitted silk scarf by Louise Giordano (me); quilt by September Kreuger, hat by Jan Wutkowski

Felted wrap by Jan Wutkowski, quilt by Ginny Thompson, my silk scarf

Photographic story collage by Barbara Snyder, crocheted Wrapsody in Turks and Teal by me


Floor cloth by Diane Togersen

Three-piece fiber sculpture by Leslie Pearson

Floor Cloths by Diane Torgersen and Nancy Miller, jewelry by Rebecca Yeomans, Freeform Crocheted purse by Joyce Bragg, framed cloths by Nancy Miller

Crocheted dress and shawl by Joyce Bragg

Quilt by Ginny Thompson

Earrings and necklace by Rebecca Yeomans

Ginny and Jan share their hats

Model Alison Thalmann  shows off my Wrapsody and Jan's hat


Funning at aMuse!

The show can be seen at aMuse right now through Saturday.  While there, take a look at all the fabulous millinery designs from Jan - hats and headpieces - as well as her felted items and a whole collection of vintage clothing and jewelry.






1 comment:

Scarf said...

I absolutely love that silk scarf in the second picture! I just love it! :D

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic