Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Such an Interesting Week!!!

And it's only Thursday morning!

The Internet, Facebook, Constant Contact, and being part of the local Wilmington artists' community have changed my life!  This week, so far, has proven that multi-fold! Let's see:

1. My Internet friend (and customer!), Pam Kellogg of Kitty and Me Designs, has invited me to be her guest blogger on August 1.  Her unique idea to incorporate others into her blog unselfishly promotes the guest artist and showcases her own extraordinary work.  Her first guest blogger and Crazy Quilter, Cathy Kizerian, published today and is offering a GIVEAWAY here!!!! See this example of her extraordinary work!


2. Constant Contact!  I sent out my occasional Scarf It Up! Summertime Newsletter to excellent open and click rates, lovely comments from near and far, and a PROPOSAL!  A friend (and former boss/colleague) in RI has offered to do a Scarf It Up Trunk Show at her home in August.  This is something she has wanted to do for me for years, but the timing has never worked out for both of us.  I'm thrilled, of course, if a little panicked about having TWO shows in about 5 weeks!  But it could spell very good things, and I am very grateful for this opportunity!

3. Facebook!  While FB remains a mystery, the power of social networking is not at all lost on me.  Thanks to connections made on FB, this week: a) I've (lost and then) gained many new fans; b) "met" a new friend and fan who offered to send me samples of her silk ribbons from South Africa; c) had an offer for a piece of my work, and more!  Click here for my profile page; here for my Scarf It Up page.

4. Wilmington Artists' Community!  Through a chance meeting of an artist during the Orange Street Art Festival, I've connected to the creator of Benderz, BJ Berlo from Venice, FL (see my earlier blog post here).  Yesterday I had the good fortune to meet and lunch with her Wilmington friend, ReAnn Scott, who writes for Living Out Loud Magazine.  I brought along a friend who'd like to expand her writing opportunities.  This is an example of the power of networking, a concept so valuable in so many instances throughout life and something I write and speak about often in my work as a career counselor.

I think that's it so far this week!
(I may add to this post as the week progresses or as I think of other interesting happenings!)







2 comments:

Pamela Kellogg said...

Wow Louise! You really have had a great week!!! So happy for you!!!

Scarf It Up said...

But part of it is thanks to YOU, Pam!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic