Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Monday, March 22, 2010

Out of Touch, Out of Town, OUT There......!

Do I have an excuse?  I don't like excuses, but I've been know to try some! (i.e. "My tennis stinks because my wrist hurts from carpal tunnel or b) I can't see the ball well due to my cataracts).  I sound like some ancient old bag, riddled with infirmities, but the truth is that I'm facing both surgeries in the near future, and you know what?  I'm actually looking forward to them with hopes that I'll recover quickly and completely and get back to more reasonable results in tennis!

Confection Perfection Shawl

I enjoyed my trip to FL very much, thank you!  All was well at home, and my time with my BFF was terrific!  The weather wasn't, so we had to shop every consignment and thrift shop between PBI and Hutchinson Island.  Played a little tennis, sat by the pool once, saw but never went to the beach.

Real Teal Neck GardenPale Teal Shawl

Visited one yarn shop (Great Balls of Yarn), but they had NO sale bins and only a little bit of Prism on sale at 15% off (I think!)  I bought two yarns, one Giotto and another to match.  No bargains there at all.  HOWEVER, on Friday at home, a local funky shop called Edge of Urge, had a sidewalk sale, including two bins of VERY nice yarn at $1 per skein.  Some weren't full skeins, so those were 50 cents!  I got about 18 balls of yarn for $14.  Now THAT is a bargain, and the yarns are lovely!



All this for $14 - What a bargain!

While in FL, I didn't do much in the way of creating, but included here are some photos of work done there, perhaps completed at home, and some other recent work.  More photos to come soon.

1 comment:

Pam Kersting said...

Louise-- Good for you! Go get those surgeries and get on with the rest of your life! You won't regret it! You are so talented and never cease to amaze me. Very best, Pam

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic