Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Week Also Brought Great Treasures!

First of all, it brought our daughter from MA to spend the holiday with us.  She's leaving this afternoon, so I'm sad.  Our other daughter and family spent the holiday in FL this year, but we'll see them NEXT weekend to have our Christmas with them.  You know, it's not the date so much, it's when the family can be together that counts! For us, anyway!

Next, we spent some time in Charleston, SC - one of my all-time favorite cities, where we took a delightful carriage ride through the city, ate lunch at Magnolia's, visited the Custom House, walked and walked, dined at 82 Queen, and stayed in a beautiful suite with fireplace at the Vendue Inn!  I LOVE Charleston!  This is Roberta and Tony (who's in good health this year!) with the bridge to Charleston in the background.

A highlight of our trip was a visit to my favorite yarn shop, called KNIT!  They had a WHOLE room of yarn that was 75% off.  You can imagine my delight - almost bought out the whole room!  What a thrill to save that much on beautiful, high-end yarn that I can't find in my area!  So it was wonderful!
Knit Pickins from Knit in Charleston
Tomorrow I will be released from restrictions on knitting and plan to start again, praying that my thumb doesn't rebel!  I'm researching knitting machines in the event that I can no longer hand knit, but I am confident that all will be well!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!  LET'S HOPE THAT '10 IS A 10 FOR ALL OF US!



1 comment:

Pam Kersting said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Louise!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic