Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

RELIEF!!!

RELIEF comes in many packages! In my case, gratitude goes right along with relief! I am grateful to Dr. Richard Moore of Wilmington Orthopaedics for an easy and highly successful carpal tunnel release surgery less than two weeks ago. Since that time, and after an appropriate recovery, I have been able to knit, crochet, sew, and oh yes, do tasks around the house too!

These are two new pieces completed this week! I am completely blown away by my immediate ability to sustain the knitting with no pain, no numbness, no sleeplessness! Meanwhile my right hand is numb right now from computing!

Wrap Me Up Teal & Blue - a variation on my most popular shawl!

Wrap Me Up Teal & Blue

and

Sahara Cachecol - a funky version of my popular cachecol in Berroco Monet with flagged streamers and a wild earring-turned-button.

Sahara Cachecol

In addition, I completed two brooches which I had felted pre-surgery but was able to complete (hand-sewing it together, affixing the embellishment, and adding the pinback) yesterday. I am indeed a lucky girl! Next surgery scheduled for October 7 - can't wait!

A Rose in Bloom Handfelted Brooch

A Rose in Bloom Felt Brooch
and

Sandstone & Feathers Handfelted Brooch

Sandstone & Feathers Handfelted Brooch

2 comments:

Robin said...

Gorgeous. It's been a long time. I so love the scarf i bought from you a long while back.

Pam Kersting said...

Gorgeous things you are creating, Louise! So happy to hear your surgery went well. He was my doc too. He is the best in NC and we are so lucky to have him!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic