Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Return from Charlottesville VA

We decided to go away for a few days for our anniversary.  We hadn't planned on it really because we hadn't been able to get a pet-sitter for this time period.  Of course that became moot with Max's passing, so off we went to Charlottesville VA to see Monticello, Ashlawn, and UVA.  We stayed at a not too memorable B&B in town, in a 200 year old building that could have been very nice.  Unfortunately, it was rather shabby, and while the proprietors were very pleasant and accommodating, it just didn't live up to the standard we've experienced in Cape Cod, Seagrove NC, or Newport RI.  But no matter, it was good to get away, and the visit to Monticello was BEYOND outstanding! 

Thomas Jefferson's home in the most gorgeous countryside, superb guides, excellent weather, and amazing history brought to life: all this made for a fab getaway!  Now back to reality.

First I must catch up on the Treasuries I just found myself in!   I discovered "Shop Till You Drop" by MysticSilks.  It's a lovely theme of lavender, violet, and the like.  She included my Twilight Freeform Crocheted Neckwrap, and I discovered her Sparkling Burgundy Scarf as an item that would do rather nicely within her own Treasury!




Shop Till You Drop!




Then I found "Touches of Turquoise" by jnoriginals! JN included my Tijuana Teal Scarf. But be sure to look at this felted little number in JN's shop that would be right at home in HER Treasury - or in your home!


Touches of Turquoise

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic