Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Friday, September 05, 2008

The Felt Results and Tropical Storm Hanna!


Here are two brooches I created from the smaller nuno felt samples I made on Tuesday of this week: BLUE HALO and SEAFOAM HAZE (left to right) . They are both at Port City Pottery and Fine Crafts in the Cotton Exchange in Wilmington NC (as we wait for tropical storm Hanna to arrive!) It is expected at this time to be a direct hit on Wilmington, later tonight and into tomorrow.

So much hype, however, over what seems to be a fast-moving tropical storm that will be nothing more than a rain event with a little wind (we hope!) In preparation for what looked like it might be a hurricane, I bought and brought a plastic bin to the gallery yesterday to secure all my fiber and that of weaver Karen Smith. So I denuded the place of my scarves, bags, jewelry, and feltworks and Karen's scarves, dishtowels, dishcloths, and napkins. All our fiber artwork fit into this 23 gallon bin! I'll go back on Sunday to replace it all, but I think it's always better to be safe than sorry. That bin contains the better part of my entire collection, and of course fiberwork is very vulnerable to water damage, so I feel secure. IKE is the next one to be far more concerned about, but it's too soon to predict its course.

And brown must be the color of the day, because I had a sale on Etsy of my cachecol called "It Must Still Be Winter Somewhere!"Angela of Filigree Fairy made my day by completing this 96th sale for me in that venue.

1 comment:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Congratulations on the sale, Louise! Stay as dry as possible this weekend! *hugs*

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic