Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

N U N O ! ! !





For months now I have been drooling to learn a new fiber art. In March, I was supposed to go to Arrowmont School for the Arts in Gatlinburg, TN to take such a course while my husband took one in clay. Unfortunately, he became ill and we were unable to attend. I began to research the process of felt-making called "nuno" and came upon Jean Gauger of Easthampton MA. I found her through Etsy and became enamored of her work. Her shop is Sugar Plum Originals and her work is simply amazing!!! Here are two examples of my favorites from amongst her work.


How fortunate for me that I was able to arrange a private class with Jean last week at her studio in Western Massachusetts. And what a day we had! It was long; it was intensive; it was arduous; it was EXHILARATING! And I actually produced some awesome samples to drool over or to use as embellishment to other pieces of my work.

Jean put together a slideshow of photos taken during Felting Lesson with Louise and I have created a mosaic of photos of the samples.

1 comment:

Nunofeltdesigns by NESchwab, San Francisco said...

ubidFollowed your earlier post and was glad to hear you found another artisan on Etsy for your nuno workshop - with your wonderful fiber talent, thought you would be a natural!
I am inspired by your pix and needed a color-incentive today too. It's like painting with fiber!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic