Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Exciting Events!

SUNSET RIVER MARKETPLACE
Yesterday a friend and I went to Calabash to Sunset River Marketplace - my newest venue - to an event called "Creative Exchange. It's a monthly program staged by the Marketplace to provide the community with a variety of examples of art and craft, how to use it, enjoy it, and more! A reader of this blog alerted me to the event this month, in which Betsy Russell, artist and accessorizer, demonstrated ways to "wear" scarves. Many in the audience brought their own "problem" scarves, and she wisely showed all of us the versatility of the scarf.

To my utter surprise and excitement, she had arranged a display of scarves and accessories that included a large number of my very own scarves, cachecols, and bags, and demoed their versatility as well. I even had the opportunity to talk about and demo the use of the funky, irregularly shaped cachecol - from headband to neckwrap to belt.

So far, nothing has sold at SRM, but tourist season is just beginning there, so I hope this program will generate some interest. The women in attendance certainly seemed interested. Betsy's work - in clay, copper wire, beads, glass, and more - is wonderful!

A bit of irony, however, is that I went with the intention of seeing how my items had been displayed for sale by the Marketplace owner. Since many items had been pulled for yesterday's program, I never did get to see the total visual. Oh well - a good reason to go again! I'm sorry I didn't bring my camera to include some photos here.

We were very lucky in that my car broke down when we were just back in Wilmington and right near the Volvo dealership! Not fun if this had happened in Calabash - more than an hour away! Still waiting for the verdict on that!

PORT CITY POTTERY & FINE CRAFTS
The next event of note: It is the FIRST ANNIVERSARY of Port City Pottery and Fine Crafts! Hard to believe a whole year has passed. Anyone who's reading this is invited to attend the 1st Anniversary Celebration on April 25, during the Fourth Friday Gallery Walk in downtown Wilmington.

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic