Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Arrowmont Lost!


Today was the day we were supposed to begin week-long classes at Arrowmont School for the Arts in Gatlinburg, TN. Unfortunately, we are not en route there right now, because my husband is in ill-health. He was to take a course in clay; I was to take a course in felt-making by Lisa Klakulac

Arrowmont has a three-week advance cancellation policy, so we are out our deposits - a source of major concern for my husband. My main concern is missing out on an opportunity to learn a new technique in fiber arts. And I sorely need a shot in the arm - new inspiration and new challenges! It's not to happen this week, anyway.

So now I am seriously looking for classes, trainings, demos, workshops, resources, anything at all on nuno felting, so I can begin the process of acquiring some new skills. I've ordered two books on the subject and made contact with several fiber artists. AND I created this Etsy Treasury West just this morning, with the most fabulous nuno felt accessories on Etsy. So....here is "Fondly Felt," viewable through Wednesday, in honor of the felters on Etsy.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Oh that's so disappointing. It's too bad that you couldn't have gone on by yourself.

I hope that your husband is feeling better soon. I know what it's like to have plans changed by family health issues.

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic