Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

F I B E R and C L A Y


Sleep? What's that? Yesterday I was in artistry overload! First, I took a private weaving class from my wonderful and inspirational instructor, Kathleen Tracy-Benoit. For two whole hours we talked and wove, discussed finishing and display options, color, texture, and stitch variations and POSSIBILITIES!!!! Such fun! So my head was SPINNING out of control from the get-go!

Then......I met with ceramist Linda Hartman at her home. She produces the ceramic pendants I have been featuring in my jewelry. I selected some finished pendants and also some unglazed bisque ones to play with. She showed me techniques for coloring them, and play I did. Sleep was not much of an option as I thought about ideas for coloration and matching fibers to the finished products (mine!)

Inspiration is there, no doubt, but you'll have to wait a while to see finished neckpieces. Can you guess which one is Linda's?

No comments:

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic