Flickriver

scarfitup - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I'm addicted to Etsy Treasuries!

Creating them, that is! Oh....I like looking at them too, but I LOVE the challenge of first trying to snag one and then trying to create a beautiful, eye-catching and enticing whole developed around a theme. I turned on my computer this morning, ran over to the Treasury section, and one was expiring in 18 seconds! I jumped right on it, and lo and behold, here is the result:

http://www.etsy.com/treasury.php?id=1175743860556U15788 It's called KNOT, KNOT, Who's there? (with a typo in the title! - DUH!!!)

For those of you Etsyians who are similarly addicted, here are a few tips that I use to snag and create one:

1. Re-order the list so the next expiration times are on top on the first page.
2. If one is close to expiring, hang around. Sometimes the box never appears, so see when the next one is due to expire.
3. When the box appears at the bottom of the page, have a first letter waiting and type it into the box. That box will remain yours indefinitely while you come up with the rest of the title. Once you have begun the title, there is no need to rush. If you got this far, you've actually snagged an open Treasury!
4. Think about themes for a Treasury all the time, and even do searches accordingly to see if there are beautiful things to fill it with.
5. Start with the last pages of the search to give exposure to older items - it'a a plug for all Etsyians.
6. Leave comments on Treasuries that you love!

That's it! Please visit mine today and tomorrow - because then it will expire and BE GONE!!!!

2 comments:

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hi Louise! You seem to be having alot of fun with Treasury at Etsy!

I keep getting a message saying I have to update my Flash player. Which I did but I keep getting the message so until I figure out what the problem is, I can't check into the treasury thing. But I'm glad to know that you're having fun with it!

Scarf It Up said...

Hey Pam! I added the counter, thank you, and joined a webring. Maybe that will drive traffic to my blog which might drive traffic to Etsy. Still haven't sold a thing recently!

Fiber Arts Bloggers

IndiePublic